Papa Bear and Chicago Bears’ Winning Ways is for a book for middle grade readers. The book will expose young readers to information and ideas that will help them develop their knowledge of important topics.
- Important points of 20th century history are highlighted. George Halas’s touchpoints with history and culture is exceptional–athlete, citizen, soldier, entrepreneur, coach, corporate leader and more.
- Great players in Halas’s career like Red Grange, Bronko Nagurski, Mike Ditka, Dick Butkus, Gale Sayers, Walter Payton were cultural icons and men of history that could be found on cereal boxes, movies, best selling books and the covers of national magazines.
- Success qualities and character traits that Halas reflect success factors you’ll want your children and grandchildren to develop.
- Ben Franklin’s methods of self-help are examined to help create life-long habits.
- Important historical cultural events are examined in a helpful glossary and quiz questions are featured.
Papa Bear and Chicago Bears’ Winning Ways is written by Patrick McCaskey, grandson of George Halas and Vice President of the Chicago Bears.